GA (DISEC, SOCHUM, SC, AdvPan): “International migration and development”
Disarmament and International Security Committee, GA
- The question of foreign fighters.
- Devising international strategies to prevent criminal organisations from capitalizing on migration fluxes.
Social, Cultural and Humanitarian committee, GA (3rd SOCHUM)
- The question of social and cultural integration of immigrants as a way of preventing xenophobia.
- Measures for the rehabilitation and education of refugee children fleeing from conflict areas.
Environment Commission (EnvCom)
- The impact of climate change on the Pacific Region.
- Advancing strategies to reduce the exploitation of forests and consequent deforestation.
- Raising awareness in the international community of the importance of environmental sustainability in order to halt environmental degradation.
Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
- The question of immigrants’ working conditions related to exploitation and black work.
- The question of the costs and benefits of migration.
- Strengthening coordination of United Nations emergency humanitarian aid.
Mediterranean Conference (MedCom)
- Measures to combat human trafficking and illegal immigration in the Mediterranean region.
- Responding to the Syrian Refugee Crisis.
- The question of seasonal population pressure in the Mediterranean area.
Special Conference on Migration (SpeCon)
- Improving the management of refugee camps to ensure the protection of fundamental human rights
- Question of internally displaced persons
- Implementing assistance to refugees, returnees and displaced persons in Africa
Security Council (SC)
- The political and social instability in Lybia
- The Kurdish Question
International Court of Justice