“Equality and Justice”
Measures to promote, enhance and further improve worldwide equality and justice in accordance with the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals
- Reinforce national institutions through international cooperation, in order to prevent violence and contrast terrorism and crime.
- The question of collecting worldwide data with the aim of neutralizing international security threats.
- Addressing discrimination against the LGBTQ+ Community ensuring unequivocal legislation.
- Tackling the issue of human trafficking and immigration fraud which leads to work exploitation as well as commercial sexual exploitation.
- The question of Human Rights violations in Palestinian Territories
- The question of the Venezuelan diaspora.
Councils and Committees
- The situation of the Rohingya minority in Myanmar
- Peacekeeping in South Sudan
- The situation in Yemen
- Closing the gender gap ensuring equality in education
- Measures to challenge the erosion of democratic and civic values in society.
- Guaranteeing freedom of expression with emphasis on media
- Guaranteeing equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Combating the issue of “brain drain” in LEDCs through the implementation of social-economic investments
- Containing the impact of austerity measures on financially vulnerable social sectors
- Application of the international convention on the elimination of all forms of racial discrimination (Qatar v. UAE)
- Sovereignity and access to justice: the blanket immunity of the UN and fundamental rights
- International climate change and human right law: governments’ obligations towards citizens